Picture

Picture

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Being a Disney Adventure Guide in Norway

Ok so this post is now almost 9 months late. Oops! Life definitely got a hold of me and put this on the back burner. And now it is all the more important as it depicts my last summer working as an Adventure Guide for Disney. As of two weeks ago, I started a program manager position with National Geographic in their Adventure Travel department. It was a bittersweet move, and while I am so happy to be in my new position, it was very difficult to say goodbye to my life as a guide touring around the world. 

Here are some pictures that showcase the trip I was leading in Norway. Big shout out to Torgeir for being the best co-guide and partner in crime I could ask for!

My first view of the fjords
The Bryggen Houses of Bergen
A panoramic view of Bergen
One of the millions of beautiful waterfalls in Norway
A view of the Narrowfjord from the Stalheim Road
Gjertrud and I overlooking the Aurland fjord from the Stegastein viewpoint during my shadow trip
Fjord living in Norway
A story of Norway living from a local cheesemaker
Mmmm... Fresh Goat Cheese!
Not a bad spot for lunch
Fjord Safari outfits are sweet
Learning the history of the fjords on a fjord safari
Porpoise Sighting on the fjord
A visit to Torgeir's house
Borgund Stave Church
Rowing around on a glacial lake
Norwegian Net Fishing
The whole team overlooking Geirangerfjord
The Seven Sisters Waterfalls on the Geirangerfjord
Norwegian Troll Sighting
Baby goats are the cutest- A farm in Geiranger
More Goats on the Farm
Famous clothing store and pink tractor- Moods of Norway
Oslo
These are just some of my photos from my time guiding in Norway, stay tuned for another post showcasing the kayaking and all around adventuring I did in my free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment