Picture

Picture

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Grand Canyon of the Colorado

The Grand Canyon, is and should be, on every kayaker's hit list and I was no exception. So I was super excited when I was recently given the opportunity to join  Jeorgia and the Fischer Family on the Grand to help run kayak support for their trip.

With the help of a motor-boat for support, we did the 226 miles from Lee's Ferry to Diamond Creek in 10 amazing days. There were tons of wonderful moments had in those days and rather than spend the next week writing about them, I figure I'd rather just show them through pictures...

The alcohol (we finished all it of besides one half bag of wine)
The bathroom
The team
Typical camp
Playing frisbee in at Red Wall
Me trying to stay dry on a side hike, which I was unsuccessful with
Hiking at Saddle
Typical beautiful Grand Canyon scenery
Jeorgia and me floating through Hermit together
The kitchen
Cruising along on the motor boat
The scorpion I found in my bed (while I was sleeping in it)

A sweet waterfalls whos name I can't remember
My self portrait at "The Patio"
Cool lizard I found
Randi and Eric enjoying the hike
Not much to say about that
The Majestic Grand Canyon
Playing in Havasu Creek
Eric explaining the rapid "Lava" to us

Me attempting to surf the Lava wave

Randi modeling her new hair do on day 9 (she told me I could try to make her hair into dread locks so I put a whole container of super salve in it)
The sign that you're about to arrive at Diamond Creek
Nate, our fearless kayak guide
Katie, the swamper
Eric, the motor boat caption
The motor rig all loaded up to go back to the warehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment