Picture

Picture

Monday, March 30, 2015

Another trip to Ecuador!

Anyone that knows me knows I love Ecuador. I love the culture, the weather, the geography, the cheap beers, the cool animals and of course the amazing kayaking. This past January I returned to Ecuador for what is probably my 6th kayaking trip there. I just think its the most perfect place for a kayaking vacation and I have a feeling I'll be returning there for as long as I live. This year was just as fun as always, and I got to paddle lots of great sections or rivers and hang out with great friends, both new and old. A big part of my trip this year was to attend Jondachi Fest, a festival to help keep the Jondachi river free flowing. I will write a separate blog post about that, but for now, please enjoy this photo journal of the rest of my trip....

A typical Quijos Valley View

Putting on the Lower Quijos

Beautiful jungle scenery on the Lower Quijos

Toby MacDermot enters "Piggly Wiggly" on the Cheesehouse section of the Quijos

Ally puts on the Oyacachi

The crew moving down the Oyacachi

Em Shan on the Jatunyacu

Emily in Torro on the El Chaco Canyon Section of the Quijos

El Chaco with the ladies!

Stefi and Emily celebrate a successful run down El Chaco Canyon

Toby welds my boat with the help of a Pilsener bottle

Moto riding in Banos with Emily, Stefi and Elvis!

Emily cruising through the Ecuadorian Scenery

Put in of the Piatua

Ally charges through a rapid on the Piatua
A reminder of the importance of water
My final few days in Ecuador revolved around the Jondachi River and the festival held there in an effort to save the river from being damned. A full trip report of that is coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment